Article added on Tuesday, 5 November 2019


Can you recover VAT on buy-to-let improvement costs?

One of our subscribers lets out a flat above their shop. The business is VAT registered. They plan to spend £60,000 plus VAT improving the flat. Can they claim any input tax on this expenditure?


Password Remember [?]

Forgotten your Username/Password?


Access to this part of​uk is only available to subscribers.

Don't have a subscription?
Subscribe now for immediate access to the digital version of all the articles.


© Indicator - FL Memo Ltd • Telephone: (01233) 653500 • Fax: (01233) 647100 • •
Calgarth House, 39-41 Bank Street, Ashford, Kent TN23 1DQ • VAT GB 726 598 394 • Registered in England • Company Registration No. 3599719

Last Updated: 25.02.2020

More from Indicator - FL Memo Ltd